Town websites may periodically prompt users to provide personal information such as names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. When users provide such information, they do so voluntarily. Refusal to provide such information may affect access to information and services provided on the Town's website.
Any and all information gathered by, or provided to the Town through its websites shall be protected to the extent possible under current public records laws. Citizen information subject to such laws includes email sent to Town staff through the Town's websites. Disclosure of all or any part of that information may be required in response to an appropriate public records request or compelled by legal process.
For statistical purposes our website may record the following information:
- The type of browser (such as "Netscape version X" or "Internet Explorer version X") that you are using.
- The type of operating system that you use (such as Macintosh, Unix, or Windows).
- The date and time you visit our site, and the Web pages that you visit on our site.
- The address of the previous website you were visiting, if you linked to us from another website.
- Responses to the content voting feature at the bottom of all pages.
- We use this information for statistical analysis, to help us make our site more useful to visitors.