All dogs three months of age or older within the town limits must have a Fountain Hills license. A Maricopa County license is not necessary. Required by Arizona State Statute §11-1008 and by Town Code 6-2-3.
YES, if the dog is kept within the boundaries of the State of Arizona for at least 30 consecutive days of each calendar year.
- Written proof by a veterinarian of current rabies vaccination.
- Written proof by a veterinarian of being spayed or neutered.
- $16.00 annually for a spayed/neutered dog.
- $6.00 annually for spayed/neutered dog if owner is 65 or older
- $40.00 annually for a non-altered dog.
*Effective September 1, 2010 the fees will be:
- $17.00 annually for a spayed/neutered dog
- $6.00 annually for a spayed/neutered dog if owner is 65 or older
- $42.00 annually for a non-altered dog
- Late fees are $2.00 per month for neutered dogs and $4.00 per month for non-neutered dogs
A renewal notice is sent to each dog owner one month prior to the due date.
1. By mail to: 16705 E. Avenue of the Fountains, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
2. In person at the same address (7 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Monday through Thursday). Send or bring the necessary paperwork with the fee. Click here for application form.
Failure to license your dog is a class two misdemeanor, which carries a possible fine of up to $750.00.
- Public health and safety – to ensure that all licensed dogs have current rabies vaccinations.
- Citizen assistance – to aid in returning a loose dog to its rightful owner.
Call us at (480) 816-5100.