Become a Town of Fountain Hills Volunteer
The Town of Fountain Hills encourages involvement in government through volunteerism. Many department services are enhanced and provided with great cost savings because of the generosity of time and talent given by the citizens of Fountain Hills. Volunteers enrich the community every day. Volunteers work within the Town reducing the cost to deliver services to its residents all while having fun, meeting others and enjoying new challenges!
The Town is looking for these special individuals to help in a variety of possible opportunities through volunteer service in:
- The Give a Lift Transportation Program
- Finance Department
- Adopt a Street Program
- Teen Court Program
- The Activity Center
- Community Services Special Events
- Hosts and Hostesses for Town Hall Meetings and Open Houses
- The Home Delivered Meal Program
- Art Walk Docents
- Front Desk Receptionists at the Community and Activity Center as well as Town Hall
- Boards and Commissions
- Park Trail Stewards
- Administrative filing, data entry and special project assistance
- Make a Difference Day
- Save Our Sculptures (SOS) Program
- Annual Activities and Volunteer EXPO
- Assist with Annual Volunteer Reception
- Assist with quarterly Volunteer Coffees
- Assist Volunteer Coordinator with projects
Additionally, new positions can often be created in order to match the skills and interests of prospective volunteers. Having volunteers present in Town Hall, the Community Center, Courts, or Activity Center is crucial to a vision that is focused on expanding and enhancing the services the Town is able to continue to provide the community.
How to Apply:
- Complete and submit the Volunteer Application.
- Volunteer Applications will be reviewed for area of interest and possible placement. Each volunteer will be interviewed and placed on an individual basis according to skills, qualifications and the needs of the Town.
- Any or all of the following may be required before placement in any sensitive volunteer position:
- Background check
- Substance abuse test
- DMV record
We welcome and invite you to serve as a valued Volunteer! It’s good for your health, use of time, and fun, too!
Please direct questions and comments to:
Heather Ware, Volunteer Coordinator
Tel: (480) 816-5108
Fax: (480) 837-3145