Mayor's Youth Council
To provide Fountain Hills youth with opportunities to present their perspectives on youth issues by serving as a liaison to the Mayor, Town Council, and youth, and learn how government functions as well as create and lead programs that appeal to high-school students.
Mayor Ginny Dickey invites all Fountain Hills students in grades 9 – 12 to join the Mayor's Youth Council. We're looking for students who are genuinely interested in the mission of the council, who are motivated and eager to make a difference in the community and represent their peers, as well as learn about local government, make new friends and have fun!
Who are we?
The Mayor’s Youth Council is a dynamic group of high school students dedicated to serving their community by accomplishing its mission through volunteerism and civic participation. More than a community service organization, the MYC instills leadership skills that participants will use their entire life.
What do we do?
MYC members will have opportunities to plan and participate in a variety of projects:
- Meet two Thursdays of the month, 5:00-6:30p.m. @ Town Hall, Upstairs Fountain Conference Room
- Assist with identifying important issues for youth in Fountain Hills
- Attend a variety of field trips- including trip to State Capitol
- Maintain MYC Adopt-a-Street on Westby Drive
- Provide leadership in the Make a Difference Day project
- Participate in a variety of community service projects led by youth
- Serve as a listening board to youth and provide the Mayor and Council information from their perspective
- Promote a sense of civic involvement and community pride
- Become a positive role model through responsible leadership
- Members will have an opportunity to have their voice heard by elected leaders in town
- Members will provide input and create programs, services, and events
- Members will learn valuable leadership and job skills
- Members will obtain Community Service Hours needed for graduation
- Members will have fun and meet new friends
- Members will engage in meaningful volunteer service
- Members will receive recognition for their participation
How To Become A Member
1. A parent acknowledgement form is required for all students. Complete the online form here.
2. Students submit a 90 second video telling about yourself and why you want to be involved. Check out the script for your video here.
3. Submit your video here.https://sendit.fh.az.gov/filedrop/myc
Applications are due March 31, 2020
Contact Linda Ayres email@example.com or 480-816-5170 for more information.